If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right.
Switch to Accessible Site
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Welcome to Burke Animal Clinic.
Lawsuit Claims Beneful Sickened, Killed Pets
CBS News Report
A dog owner has filed a class-action lawsuit against Purina, the maker of Beneful, alleging that thousands of dogs have been sickened or died from eating its dry dog foods.
If your pet is on Beneful and is symptomatic or not acting normally, please call your vet right away. Symptoms to watch out for include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, decreased appetite, change in thirst, increase in water consumption.
- Please note: These symptoms should never be ignored in any situation.
If your pet is on Beneful and you are concerned, even though they don't have symptoms, go ahead and transition to a new food.
- Changing a pet’s diet abruptly can cause stomach upset.
- Transition slowly over a week’s time, increasing the amount of the new food each day.
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
- Make An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
- Pet Portal
- View information about your pets and send us messages via your pet portal.