- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Lawsuit Claims Beneful Sickened, Killed Pets
A dog owner has filed a class-action lawsuit against Purina, the maker of Beneful, alleging that thousands of dogs have been sickened or died from eating its dry dog foods.
If your pet is on Beneful and is symptomatic or not acting normally, please call your vet right away. Symptoms to watch out for include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, decreased appetite, change in thirst, increase in water consumption.
- Please note: These symptoms should never be ignored in any situation.
If your pet is on Beneful and you are concerned, even though they don't have symptoms, go ahead and transition to a new food.
- Changing a pet’s diet abruptly can cause stomach upset.
- Transition slowly over a week’s time, increasing the amount of the new food each day.